Dearborn, MichiganSystems Engineering Senior #908789
- The Replicate Admin is part of our Data Ingestion Tools team within Company's Data Factory Engineering & Operations (DFE&O) organization.
- This organization is responsible for building and maintaining Company's data lake.
- Our ingestion tools are the key enablers for replicating 1000+ data sources (~300,000 tables) into Hadoop and that number is continuing to grow.
- We need an energetic and creative problem solver to help support this growth and to help take us to the next level.
- Provide 3rd level support for the Qlik Replicate instances and jobs within DFE&O
- Research and test new functionality in the product
- Pair with users of the tool to train them on new functionality or troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provide Level 3 support for end users.
- Problems which can't be solved by level 1 or 2 support teams come to you.
- You will need to be ready to dig deep into the problem to find a solution.
- Knowing when to engage the vendor, DBA or Windows admin.
- Look to automate everything related to testing, deployment and routine admin tasks
- Collaborate with other product teams on integrations, testing, and deployments
- Investigate new opportunities and lead POCs to help us stay current
- Qlik Replicate administration
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player who is willing to learn, share, teach and lead depending on the situation
- 2+ years' experience with Data replication tools such as Qlik Replicate
- 2+ years' experience in a admin role such as DBA, Windows admin or large COTs packages such as Informatica, Alteryx, DataStage, Qlik
- 2 + year's experience working with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
- Experience with more than one is preferred
- Experience with scripting language (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience building automation jobs for monitoring, alerting and deployment processes.
- Experience leading incident resolution and problem management
- Experience in application testing, release management, and support activities -
- Computer Science or related
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/