Dearborn, MichiganSenior Network Engineer #387729
We are looking for a seasoned Network Planning professional to join our diverse and experienced Global Extranet Planning team.
As a member of this team, you will work to deliver standards-based, high quality, secure network solutions that enable communication between the network and the rest of the world. You will engage internal and external customers to provide technical support for services to ensure the continued and uninterrupted operation of the business.
As a team player, you will collaborate across the Global Extranet Planning organization and with key work partners throughout the company; Engineering, Operations, and Business teams, to continuously improve the functionality, reliability and security of the network.
- Manage a global deployment of firewalls, including installation, configuration, and policy/rule base management
- Perform security reviews of applications and infrastructure to ensure they comply with security standards
- Define requirements for new Extranet solutions, including technical specifications, cost and timing details
- Implement new services as technologies evolve
- Provide high-level technical support to onssite and central operations personnel
- Coordinate the efforts of multiple activities to develop and implement standard designs, support processes, and strategies
- Participate in ongoing audits, security reviews, consulting requests and change control reviews
- Manage services including:
- SMTP Mail Relay
- Web Proxy
- Reverse Proxy
- F5 Load Balancers
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco Firewalls and Firewall Management platforms
- 5+ years of experience implementing, operating and troubleshooting TCP/IP and Ethernet-based networks, including knowledge of IP protocols, routing and switching
- 5+ years working with Cisco networking hardware including routers and switches
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, Microsoft Project and Visio
- 5+ years experience with Cisco Firewalls and Firewall Management platforms
- 5+ years experience with Network management in a large organization
- 3+ years experience configuring and implementing IPSec VPN solutions
- 3+ years experience configuring and implementing Cisco WSA hardware and associated operating system
- Certification in CCNA, CCND, PMP
- B.S. Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the requested field
At Fast Switch – Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: https://clientapps.jobadder.com/45103/fast-switch
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FastSwitchGL
Follow us on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/fastswitchgl/
Find us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fast-switch-great-lakes
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: https://tinyurl.com/v4p9yy7