Dearborn, MichiganVMWare Engineer #387726
The Server Engineer is responsible for delivering fully engineered, global solutions to meet the server hosting requirements for a variety of infrastructure, line of business and third party applications.
- Developing highly available infrastructure hosting solutions for VMWare platforms to meet application requirements for resilience and availability for Hosting environments
- Provide consulting services to infrastructure and application architects in determining the appropriate solution for the hosting environment (e.g. annexed servers, shared farms, virtualized servers, B2X, Intranet, etc.)
- Defining Security and Controls for the engineered solution and document them in the ICR system for review and compliance
- Lead or participate in server engineering projects (e.g. Agile Hosting, capacity on demand, technology refresh, etc.)
- Level 3 support for VMWare related issues
- Manage technology lifecycle VMware Server Operating Systems and related Core components
- 5+ yrs. experience with:
- VMWare vSphere ESXi
- vRealize Ops Mgr
- SRM technologies
- Experience with supporting:
- VMware Infrastructure
- e.g. servers
- database and backups
- 3+ yrs. experience scripting with PowerCLI and PowerShell
- Experience working in Global/Large VMware environment
Experience HIGHLY Preferred:
- Automated Provisioning tools such as:
- Familiarity with SQL Database Server
- Experience working with Windows Server and Linux OS"s
- Cisco ACI networking experience
- HP Synergy server experience
- Experience with Turbonomics
- Experience with VMware NSX
- BS in Computer Science or related field
At Fast Switch – Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: https://clientapps.jobadder.com/45103/fast-switch
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FastSwitchGL
Follow us on Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/fastswitchgl/
Find us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fast-switch-great-lakes
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: https://tinyurl.com/v4p9yy7