Alpharetta, GeorgiaSr. Site Support Technician #902428
- The Sr. Site Support Technician role is responsible for the day-to-day break-fix IT support to the HQ and remote plant-based user community.
- The candidate must possess a strong commitment to high-quality customer service and have a solid work ethic.
- The role will provide Tier 2 IT support, including diagnosing and troubleshooting PC hardware and software technical problems, to both local and remote users across the enterprise.
- The position will also involve coordinating with other support groups and being an integral part of the IT support and project implementation team that supports all sites in North America.
- Providing face-to-face, phone and online break fix support to the HQ and remote plant-based user community while also being a primary resource for IT project implementations such as cybersecurity and compliance
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and image desktop computers, laptops, and peripherals
- Prepare and manage deployment of PC's, laptops, and printers while maintaining inventory on all hardware and software deployed
- Responsible for proactively looking for ways to improve the imaging, deployment, and security patching processes
- Ensure all IT assets are documented, cataloged, and kept up to date in the CMDB tool
- Interfacing with various vendors in support of the hardware and software systems
- Installing and maintaining proper software and application resources
- Communicating and working with all support groups within us
- Ensuring all support cases are dealt with in agreed service levels while maintaining satisfactorily ticket documentation within the ITSM logging system
- Provide global admin level support for all VOIP systems within the enterprise
- Occasional travel to remote plant sites may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience at working problems quickly in high stress situations while maintaining composure and the ability to effectively communicate updates to leadership
- Ability mentor junior techs & grow into a Team Lead role in 12 to 24 months in supporting a geographically dispersed end user support organization.
- Preferred working experience in manufacturing environments with ability to support multiple sites remotely.
- Ability to take ownership of complex issues/projects and drive to resolution
- Experience managing workload for support technicians to ensure day-to-day operational responsibilities are met for the business
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally and confidently at all levels with strong organizational skills and a solution-based, problem-solving mindset.
- Experience supporting Enterprise-level organizations’ PC support needs, along with some Executive Level/VIP support while being flexible, adaptable, and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Working understanding of Windows 10 & 11, Active Directory, and Microsoft Office 365 as well as Network Topologies – Ethernet, TCP/IP, Smart-Device technology – iPad, iPhone, Android etc.
- Ensure support ticket statuses are communicated to relevant parties in a timely manner along with proper follow-ups until the issue is resolved
- Responsible for developing standards/processes and knowledge base documentation
- Reasonable level of understanding ITIL and ITSM environment.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/