Jackson, MichiganEngineer III #909738
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- Project Engineering provides multi-discipline engineering leadership for natural gas capital projects, including gas distribution, transmission, city gates/regulator stations, compression and storage facilities.
- This individual will reside in the civil engineering group and support capital upgrade projects at three natural gas Compressor Stations: Ray, St. Clair and Northville. The project team consists of a multidiscipline group of project engineers, project managers, operations and others to support projects.
- The Civil Engineer will be involved in several projects and to varying degrees of involvement.
- Identify/scope the civil engineering design and construction scope necessary to complete the project
- Contract engineering services necessary to complete the scope
- Provide engineering review and technical leadership
- Assist the Project Manager in contracting construction services to complete the scope of work
- Complete closeout activities (record drawings, test records, etc.)
- The Civil Engineer will be expected to regularly provide project updates to their supervisor including project status and risks to scope, quality, cost and schedule.
- The Civil Engineer must be able to tolerate a heavy industrial environment. Natural gas facilities present many loud, hot, and oily locations. The Civil Engineer should able to climb stairs and/or fixed ladders to elevated platforms, able to enter/crawl-into small/tight spaces (access hatches), and be able to walk a rough construction grade as required.
- The Civil Engineer will be required to travel to the three compressor facilities on average 3 days per week and as much as 5 days a week. Typical reasons for site visits include: pre-engineering kick off, pre-bid walk downs, pre-construction reviews, construction milestones, answering construction questions, construction quality inspections, requested regular site visits, and red-line walk downs.
- Working knowledge in civil design. Relevant topics could include site design, stormwater management, pre-engineered metal building design, foundation design, storage tank design, environmental permitting (wetlands, soil erosion, culverts, etc.). Design experience in one of the above topics is preferred.
- Experience coordinating and developing contract documents, specifically engineering drawings and technical specifications for both consulting and construction services
- Working knowledge of Civil/Structural codes, including, but not limited to: IBC/MBC, AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, AWS D1.1, and ASCE 7.
- Ability to work safely,
- ability to work independently,
- communication of project status and risks,
- engineering leadership and
- problem solving.
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Construction Engineering
- Contract Management/Procurement
- Civil Engineering
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/