Jackson, MichiganUtility Construction Restoration Inspector/Auditor #908390
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- The Energy Delivery Restoration Inspector/Auditor will work seasonally to audit our compliance with Consumers Energy restoration requirements as well as Permit Agency permit requirements.
- The season will coincide with the summer construction season, generally beginning in April and ending mid-December.
- They will be responsible for inspecting/auditing all construction work performed by various company labor resource groups including Enhanced Infrastructure Replacement Program, Classic Distribution and Contractors.
- The type of job sites to inspect/audit will include, small scale single excavation sites to large scale projects encompassing multiple miles of pipe installation. The number of jobs reviewed will vary as required to understand how well we are meeting specifications.
Types of work to be audited:
- Civic Improvement
- Company Initiated
- Augment Supply
- Leak repairs / replacements
- Enhanced Infrastructure Replacement Programs
- Regulatory Compliance
- New Business / Customer requested
The scope of the audits will include, but is not limited to:
- Soft surface restoration, such as: black dirt, grass seed, sod, landscaping, tree/shrub planting, slopes/ditch banks
- Hard surface restoration completed, such as: concrete, asphalt, sub-base, driveways, sidewalk, parking lots, local streets, major streets, MDOT roads
- SESC Controls such as: silt bags, silt fence, mulch blankets, covered spoil piles, temporary hard surface repairs, etc.
Work to be done in field (75%):
- Site visits/audits, both company and contractor
- Validate proper techniques used for restoration
- Validate quality of restoration, before and after vegetation growth
- Customer visits to provide an expectation for timing of restoration
- Validate and track complaints from Owner Agencies and Customers
- Report back on completed work for Bond Recovery and permit closeout
- Pre-Construction drive-by video
Work to be done in office (25%):
- SAP/Database searches for unplanned work that may need permitting/notification/restoration
- Pull reports on restoration notifications to validate accuracy
- Track turnaround time on restoration orders
- Reporting findings to Field Leaders, Permit Coordinator, and Restoration team
- Obtain permit requirements from Permit Coordinators and Permit Agency Database
- Obtain scheduling information for jobs recently completed
- Compile evaluation of results and tracking database entry
- Inspectors/Auditors may be required to assist in all areas listed above
- This role may perform "other duties" as assigned by Leadership to meet business needs.
- Independent: This position will be held as an individual contributor responsible for inspecting/auditing of projects in progress as well as completed project job sites
- This position requires both office and field work with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Experience - Minimum 5 years' experience in landscaping, road construction, ashphalt or concrete work
- Basic underground utility construction knowledge
- Familiar with interpreting and following permit specifications (MDOT, muni, etc.)
- General engineering technology concepts and principles
- Construction print reading and interpretation
- Very strong skills in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Proven Customer Experience
- Skills in communicating both verbally and in writing
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft products; SAP and CAD experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated
- High school diploma (minimum)
- Road Construction
- Utility Construction
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/