Grand Rapids, MichiganAssistant Content Designer #891257
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
This role requires the ability to create training materials (instructor lead, self-study and computer-based) and communications to support system operator training programs within the electric utility industry.
Requires strong understanding of how to create training and communications targeted for different segment audiences and how to adapt across platforms.
- Assist instructor staff in the design, development and implementation of technical print, video and digital instructional materials for system operators initial and continuous training activities.
- Update and/or modify training content to comply with brand, quality, and usability standards
- Support design and development process from concept to completion, including building timelines/schedules, arranging stakeholder discussions, reporting status of deliverables to leadership, drafting content, reconciling feedback for revisions, organizing/storing deliverables, publishing/packaging deliverables, testing, issue resolution, etc.
- Support instructor staff with training coordination and learning management system administration
- Assist with preparation for stakeholder discussions and user testing/feedback collection, including preparing communication and facilitation materials as requested/guided by design leads and interviewing employees for feedback on content
- Successful experience designing and developing instructor led, self-study or computer-based training material
- Solid writing skills are critical for this position; a demonstrated ability to compose compelling written material is key.
- Ability to partner effectively with multiple stakeholders in a corporate setting
- Comfortable and have the skill set to investigate, interview, and draw out technical content and ideas from subject matter experts and instructors.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about good editing, writing, and grammar
- Experience working on a team within an environment with fast-turnaround times
- Project or production management experience, including building schedules, coordinating stakeholders and subject matter experts to achieve milestones
- Proficient in using Adobe creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Captivate), MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams), eLearning and/or video authoring software (Aritculate, Camtasia, Vyond, Filmora, etc.)
- A ’can do’ attitude and calmness under pressure.
- A solution-oriented approach
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience writing and managing content
- High School Diploma minimum, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in technology or communications is preferred.
- Electric or other Utility industry related experience is preferred.
Michigan based candidates are preferred as 30% of the work will be done on-site at the Grand Rapids or Jackson work locations. The remainder of the work can be done remotely if desired.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/