Southfield, MIProject Engineer III #878622
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of a company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
Located within the Gas Compression Engineering department, Electrical and I&C Engineering (EI&C) engineering is responsible for the engineering deliverables for both modifications and new construction projects concerning the natural gas compression fleet. EI&C Engineering works closely with project managers, engineers of all disciplines, plant engineers, environmental engineers, plant operations and maintenance personnel, outage managers, construction managers, architectural & engineering firms, contracted labor, and vendor representatives to ensure quality projects are completed safely, on time, and on budget
Employees in this department provide leadership, sound engineering judgement, organizational skills and clear communication to coordinate successful completion of a project.
- Planning, design, construction, and maintenance of Natural Gas compression stations, as well as facilities and ancillary support process for all utility operations.
- Duties, and who this individual report to, will fluctuate between projects.
- Individual possesses the skills to lead, problem solve, and work well in a team environment.
- Individual should exemplify safe work practices and follow the company’s compliance standards.
- Lead and/or assist with engineering projects to include design, plans, inspections, system planning, specifications, reports, environmental impacts, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, data collection, construction observation, and field investigation.
- Provide engineering services with accuracy, integrating all applicable governmental and company laws, standards and procedures on time and under budget.
- Understand and follow company established standard procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
- Become familiar with plans, drawings and specifications, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Utilize effective oral and written communication skills to provide technical expertise to coworkers and clients.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
- Serve as onsite engineering project representative.
- Review operating and construction sites to monitor progress and other duties per the design documents.
Skills / Experience
- At least 5 years of EI&C engineering experience (Electrical or I&C is acceptable)
- Knowledgeable of the design, construction, or operation of Industrial facilities and/or gas compressor stations.
- Experience in procurement of engineered material, equipment, and professional services.
- Experience in coordinating and developing contract documents, specifically engineering drawings and technical specifications, for both consulting and construction services.
- Self-motivation, analytical, communication and interpersonal, leadership, organizational, problem solving, and troubleshooting.
- The individual must also exhibit willingness, and the ability, to accept and adapt to changing priorities due to emergent work or outages.
- Bachelor of science in electrical engineering degree from an ABET accredited program as set forth in the Engineers Council for Professional Development.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/