Lansing, MichiganProgrammer Analyst 6 #903523
- The application architect is responsible to provide technical leadership to the application development team, which includes designing, developing and supporting complex Java applications for MDHHS Behavioral Health and Environmental Health area within our department.
- The resource will be involved in collaborating with business area to ensure the technical design of the application meet the business requirements.
- Since changes are being made to modernize and enhance the stability and functionality of the MDSS application, the resource is integral to ensure streamlining critical business processes, data integrity, SEM/SUITE compliance, and securing the applications.
- The resource will also perform as application architect and provide technical guidance to the other developers in the department.
- The architect will also participate in a variety of analytical assignments for the enhancement, integration, maintenance, and implementation of projects and preparing technology roadmap for the supported applications.
- Not having a resource on staff will limit MDHHS the technical oversight that is needed to review and ensure the technical design and code development meet the state development standards which could lead to higher maintenance cost due to design issues, errors causing data integrity and can eventually lead to incorrect information being processed and reported to federal and state agencies.
- Develop business application components using Object Oriented java/JEE technologies and design principles.
- Provide technical leadership to the application development team
- Develop software design documents and work with stakeholders for review and approval.
- Design, Develop and maintain web applications and interfaces and RESTful web services
- Collaborate with stakeholder to ensure application architecture is in alignment with business requirement
- Excellent knowledge in designing both logical and physical database model in Oracle and SQL server
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience in writing technical specifications for complex projects.
- Experience preparing technology roadmap for supported applications
- Experience tuning SQL queries, scripts and troubleshoots issues using SQL, PL/SQL scripts
- Hands on experience Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Extensive knowledge on source control tools such as GIT
- Experience developing with application servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Openshift Container
- Experience developing, prototypes, mockup for users review and approval.
- Exposure to flowcharts, screen layouts and documentation to ensure logical flow of the system requirements
- Experience working on large agile projects.
- Experience with Java 8, SOAP, Restful Web-Services, Spring Boot Projects, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring Security frameworks.
- Good to have knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and ActiveMQ broker.
- Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
- 12+ years architecting including designing, development of complex computer systems using Java technologies
- 12+ years reviewing technical design to ensure the enterprise design standards are maintained
- 10 + years developing complex computer systems using java IDEs such as Eclipse,STS
- 10+ years designing and review of logical and physical data model in SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- 8+ years in preparing and maintaining the technology roadmap for the supported applications
- 8+ years programming using Java JEE Spring/SpringBoot Framework 3.0.
- 8+ years of development using Hibernate/JPA framework.
- 5+ years in the JBOSS Enterprise SOA and Devops containers environment .
- 5+ years using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices.
- 5+ years implemented agile development processes including test driven development.
- 3+ years Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/