Lansing, MichiganInfrastructure Solutions Architect 3 #909347
Hire one resource who will be responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of open- source software. The software could include relational databases, web servers, and middleware applications that transform data or perform searches.
- Work with subject matter experts to allocate containers for application deployment. Install applications in containers and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with our MDOT customer to configure and maintain data sharing tools. Analyzing existing APIs and methods of sharing data.
- Coordinate with vendors to install, configure, and troubleshoot software.
- Apply patches to software tools to remediate security issues.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to understand and utilize existing of our IT resources and how they are best applied to implement products.
- Install and configure software tools in a Linux based environment.
- Work with appropriate DTMB server teams to accomplish tasks in hosted virtual & container environments.
- Troubleshoot network communication issues including DNS, firewall, and certificate installation.
- Assist Agency business users in operation of installed software including user account provisioning.
- Develop appropriate project documentation in conjunction with team members including Enterprise Solution Architecture Assessments (EASA), System Security Plans (SSP), installations plans, etc.
- Prepare recommendations on how to improve use of tools or technologies to better support the Agency.
- Assist team members, vendors, and others with tasks as needed.
- Must have verifiable experience with Red Hat OpenShift container platform and familiarity with Kubernetes.
- Experience with application deployment within containers. (2+ years)
- Must have experience working with web-based applications, consuming APIs, and writing scripts to validate data. (2+ years)
- Must have experience installing and configuring open-source SQL databases such as Presto DB or PostgreSQL. Experience troubleshooting database connections, performing back-ups, and developing basic queries. (4+ years)
- Experience installing and supporting Apache Kafka. (2+ years)
- Experience with Apache HTTP server installation and maintenance. (2+ years)
- Experience working efficiently within a Red Hat Linux environment. (2+ years)
- Experience in Linux administration, networking, and security. (4+ years)
- Experience with scripting to automate tasks and maintain environments. (4+ years)
- Experience with other tools including Elasticsearch, Redis, Kibana, Grafana, and Prometheus. (2+ years)
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate on multiple projects at a given time and experience working with software Vendors is a plus.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Demonstrates strong customer service awareness and orientation.
Years of Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience in the field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/