Lansing, MichiganTechnical Support 3 #908123
This position serves as a technical expert, provides problem diagnosis, implementation, administration, support and maintenance of computer hardware, software, and network products. Analyst provides on- site or remote access diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems using a highly integrated and specialized set of diagnostic tools with elevated privileges. The position also serves to lead, coordinate and oversee teams that work on processes, procedures, and technical specifications; plans, designs and oversees analytical and technical assignments and the implementation of computer hardware, software, and network components.
Detailed Job Description and Tasks:
- Research, analyze, develop, and document solutions, new processes, and procedures to implement new solutions for use by technicians to meet future problem resolution needs.
- Serve as technical expert providing support to users and other technicians in a timely manner.
- Administer, implement, and provide technical support of applications and associated hardware used in a client server environment utilizing a specialized set of diagnostic tools with elevated privileges.
- Administer and implement automated data processing systems and computer application programs.
- Convert and implement new systems and upgrade existing systems.
- Set up VPN connections for all field staff plus internal users through soft or hard tokens.
- Troubleshoot and resolve VPN issues and connection problems.
- Assist users with resetting VPN token upgrades.
- Troubleshoot Lottery network issues & regional network issues.
- Repair printers and work with printer technicians to replace parts if necessary.
- Travel to WDIV television station to assist and resolve AutoDraw laptop issues as needed.
- Delegate or assign technical issues related to server or network problems to the appropriate server team or network support technician.
- Research and recommend hardware, software, and network components that fits the needs of an individual user or department.
- Lead in the development of processes and procedures to be used by IT technicians.
- Develop operational and installation procedures to be used by other staff for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage, and software.
- Analyze the need for, and develop, document, implement and monitor information technology quality assurance standards.
- Serve as a liaison between other technical staff, management, users, and vendors regarding service requests, usage, standards, security, and other technical matters.
- Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Prepare/image AutoDraw laptops as needed.
- Perform AutoDraw laptop security maintenance quarterly according to Lottery security standards.
- Network scanner setup/maintenance.
- Work with DTMB Depot to properly salvage hardware designated as salvage and keep track of inventory for future auditing by Lottery
- Set up and configure deployment tools through windows server environment.
- Capture and deploy images for different departments.
- Set up Windows Deployment Server to work with computing clients for reboot execution environment (PXE) boot.
- Monitor and maintain software licenses according to agreements.
- Troubleshoot issues/problems with images.
- Provide fixes within a timely manner to correct or repair issues.
- Serve as senior technician to provide support for other technicians.
- Create and modify packages.
- Deploy software packages remotely through a variety of network connections
- Develop and implement alternative strategies for agency programs based on analysis and research of requests.
- Manage and update Lottery inventory management system.
- Provide for the updating and deployment of patches and virus repair.
- Seek out and attend relevant technical training.
- Attend and/or complete special training as required.
- Carry out the directives of Management in support of providing customer service.
- Expert in troubleshooting end points (Laptop/Desktop/Tablets) technical issues
- Expert in Windows operating systems and patching.
- Expert knowledge in creating/deploying windows images
- Expert in troubleshooting software/hardware and network issues.
- Experience with Virtual private networks
- Experience with troubleshooting tools like Beyond Trust, Smart Deploy, PDQ software etc.
- Experience with tools to manage hardware/software inventory
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite of tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, One Drive, Teams etc.)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/