Auburn Hills, MichiganDesign Release Engineer – Senior #908740
- The Design Release Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and validation of side door sheet metal assemblies.
- This will include packaging all the directed components along with analyzing the design to ensure it meets requirements.
- The engineer will work with the extended vehicle team for production implementation.
- The Engineer will execute component standardization and reuse, DVP, best practices and lessons learned and will maintain functional objectives, DFMEA's, DVPR's and standards., and competitive benchmarking
- Engineer needs to support meeting throughout NA work hours and work closely with local engineering teams, Architecture/Vehicle Concepts, program science teams & PDO with iterative models to align with all packaging, functional objectives and system requirements.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
- 5 Years’ experience in Body in White and/or closures Engineering Experience
- 3+ Years’ experience with Team Center and Siemens NX
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, GD&T
- Strong English-Speaking Skills
- Strong Engineering Design Project Presentation Skills
- Ability to Travel to Metro Detroit plants and facilities on a weekly basis.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/