Chelsea, MichiganPowertrain Engine Calibration Engineer–Associate #906749
- Perform calibration verification tasks and provide summarized testing results utilizing Powertrain development tools set, Excel and or Matlab scripts.
- On-road data collection in support of required development data population sets. Conduct verification testing to ensure diagnostic calibration and software meet functional objectives -- this may be a combination of vehicle and HIL testing and is comprised of inducing and removing faults to ensure MIL illumination / MIL clearing is compliant and operates as expected Procurement and evaluation of limit parts from hardware design organizations for robustness testing.
- Perform transmission adaptation learning, transmission fault clearing.
- Update development fleet of vehicles through various pre-production hardware and software upgrades.
- Utilize CDA tool and associated tools to complete vehicle scan reports of all modules. Coordinate vehicles through emission rolls testing including flashing engine and transmission controllers.
- Coordinate vehicle build-up and tear-down work orders.
- Coordinate instrumentation allocations.
- Support vehicle product launch at assembly plant as engine system representative Support vehicle field issues on as needed basis to collect data on customer vehicles to determine problem resolution.
- BSME, BSMET,BSEE, BSEET, BS CS, BS CST or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
- Understanding of engine and transmission fundamentals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- 6 months of experience in Powertrain Systems Calibration Development, OBD calibration or transmission calibration.
- 6-month ETAS INCA Tool Experience or equivalent data acquisition experience.
- 1 yr experience with MATLAB / SIMULINK in controls environment.
- 10% Travel domestically.
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/