Auburn Hills, MichiganQuality Engineer #904982
As a Core Quality Engineer for Electric Drive Systems (EDS) your purpose is to guarantee the deployment of Quality policies and the achievement of product quality targets (product under development or in mass production) on the EDS perimeter to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for design related quality for development and production of EDS, from program approval to end of production
- Lead global efforts for defining and improving propulsion systems processes related to EDS.
- EDS includes Power Inverters, DC/DC Converters, Charging Systems, Electric Motors and Electric Drive Modules (EDM) and supplier provided software.
- Lead gate reviews for the implementation of Lesson Learned across new programs and regions.
- Manage a systemic approach for quality improvements analyzing propulsion systems interactions.
- Drive deep dive engineering analysis to address field concerns.
- Manage EDS assigned GIMs and direct them to closure
- Interface with Customer Experience, supporting warranty items and emerging issues
- Review and approve process and requirements for Cross Load Validation, with focus on quality aspects.
- Review and approve engineering related repair & service procedures.
- Organize and lead internal and external project team meetings.
- Regular reporting to propulsion systems and quality management.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, or control systems engineering.
- 3+ years of automotive experience with knowledge of propulsion systems in product development or manufacturing or quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of quality tools, methods, processes to drive continuous product improvements in the automotive industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (e.g. Shainin Red X, Lean, DFSS)
- Ability to work under pressure, stay organized and continuously meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with professional and positive attitude, ability to lead and work with a global development team. Ability to present to global executive team.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft office applications and Google suite.
- Domestic and international travel possible.
- Master degree or higher in quality management or engineering.
- Demonstrated six sigma green and/or black belt certification
- Demonstrated Shainin Red X Certification
- 5+ years automotive experience in Electrified Propulsion
- 5+ years design and release experience in electrified propulsion, electromechanical systems, or gear drives.
- 5+ years of quality management
- Fluent in English, and Italian, Portuguese, German or French
Additional Information/ Must Have's:
- BS of Engineering (accredited university)
- Powertrain / Propulsion System engineering experience, i.e. electric motors, engines, transmissions, calibrations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills"
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/