Auburn Hills, MichiganOBD Compliance & Certification Engineer – Associate #899779
The Technical Safety & Regulatory Compliance organization is currently seeking an On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) Compliance and Certification Documentation Engineer to join the team in a remote working environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing all certification documentation required by the California Air Resources Board, the EPA, Europe and all other regions that require OBD certification documentation
- Working with the Advance OBD Groups and the Production OBD Calibration Groups to ensure compliant production implementation
- Instructing and guiding others as appropriate in our OBD world relative to basic monitoring requirements to be followed for compliant vehicles
- The defined tasks and responsibilities will be shared by several engineers in order to cover the complete scope of this position
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Computer Engineering or equivalent from an accredited program
- 0-3 years’ experience
- On-board diagnostics and base engine control software knowledge
- Experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK/C++
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Visio and Access
- Must have above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- Capable of coordinating activities with numerous internal and external groups
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Systems or Computer Engineering from an accredited university
- 2 or more years of automotive engineering experience in gasoline, hybrid or diesel controls or On-Board Diagnostics
- Experienced in database applications, e.g., Microsoft Access database, Oracle
Additional Must Haves:
- Experience in On Board Diagnostics, vehicle troubleshooting, automotive electrical/electronic systems, and emissions systems
- Ability to read software written in various forms: Matlab/Simulink, C++, Pseudocode, flowcharts
- Above average reading and writing skills
- 3 to 5 years is preferred
- Position location: Remote
- No driving of our vehicle
- Amount of travel, if so where: 0%-5% for various industry meetings/conferences in U.S.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/