Auburn Hills, MichiganData Center Engineer #904229
- The Data Center Engineer is responsible for implementing large scale projects that entails renovating multiple data centers throughout NAFTA.
- The Data Center Engineer will evaluate data center electrical systems, products, and components to understand where all risks are present.
- Once all risks are identified, create a multiple year project that entails mitigating electrical and mechanical risks to the data centers.
- The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for initial identification, project creation, project design, project budget, and project implementation.
- Experience in development of MOPs/SOP/EOPs for carrying out systems operations.
- The Data Center Engineer must provide electrical, mechanical, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards for all corporate data centers.
- The Data Center Engineer has and understanding of industrial/commercial electrical one-line drawings along with understanding State and Local Code requirements.
- The job responsibilities encompass a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management: project planning, cost management, time management, quality and safety management, and contract administration.
- The Data Center Engineer must be able to manage multiple large-scale projects that require communication across many different IT departments.
- Assist other data center engineers with break fix incidents.
- The Data Center Engineer is on call 24 x 7 in a rotation order.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or IT required.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in facilities infrastructure.
- Must understand As-Built drawings and electrical and mechanical operations of a Data Center.
- Knowledge of various data center technologies and a strong understanding of high-availability data centers.
- Understanding of network design principles.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in budget/finance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints
- On call 24 x 7 in a rotation order.
- Able to lift 30 lbs.
- Master's degree
- UST and AST Certification
- PMP Certification
- Capable of leading design and planning sessions including leading the collection of business requirements, determining the scope of the project, and aligning business needs with the appropriate technology.
- Exceptional program/project management track record.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to grasp business goals, strategies, and challenges.
- Proven ability to multi-task is critical, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong conflict management skills.
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/