Auburn Hills, MichiganMaterials Engineer – Intermediate #895241
Non-Destructive Evaluation Lab Engineer
The candidate will be performing laboratory testing of materials on a daily basis. This will include metallography, chemistry, mechanical properties, and non-destructive evaluation. The candidate should have a strong basis of the fundamentals of material science & engineering, enjoy working in a laboratory environment and working with their hands. Knowledge of steel, cast iron, aluminum, plastics, and composites are essential. An understanding of processes such as heat treatment, casting, welding, and injection molding and the effects on the properties on materials are also essential. The candidate must have a background in metallographic techniques, with the ability to interpret microstructures of cast iron, cast aluminum, and steel.
- The candidate should have American Society of Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) certification as a Level II in Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection, and Radiographic Testing.
- The Radiographic testing should include experience in digital radiography.
- The minimum educational requirement is an associate degree in Non-Destructive Testing Technology, Materials Science, Metallurgy, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
Preferred requirements would be:
- Level III certification in Liquid Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Particle Testing, and Radiographic Testing.
- The Radiographic experience should include experience in digital radiography with some exposure to computed tomography reconstruction.
- The candidate should also have level II certification in Visual Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing, and Acoustic Emission Testing.
- The candidate would have a BS in Material Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in Non-Destructive Testing in the fields of Radiography, Magnetic Particle Insection, Liquid Penetrant Inspection, Ultrasonic Testing, Eddy Current Testing, Resonant Frequency Testing
- S. or advanced degree in Mechanical, Material Science & Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University.
- 0 to 5 years of experience working in a materials engineering lab performing metallography, scanning electron Microscopy, mechanical properties testing
- The candidate must understand how to use a metallography, perform image analysis, and understand how to etch different materials and interpret microstructures.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/