Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Management Systems Software Release Engineer #891523
This Battery Management Systems Software Release Engineer will work with Battery Management System (BMS) hardware and software for use in electrified powertrains. The selected candidate will define BMS requirements for software and control algorithms, develop and execute test plans, and integrate BPCM software with vehicle controller.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and track software release timing and content rollout based off program timing
- Develop BMS requirements from system requirements
- Ensure compliance to standards
- Work cross functionally to verify battery software meets system needs and requirements.
- Integrate BMS software with vehicle controller through high voltages benches, HIL, and vehicles
- Develop and track supplier and OEM validation and verification plans
- Track and troubleshoot issues and test systems on benches and in vehicles
- Participate in cold/hot/altitude trips and vehicle calibration development
- Conduct supplier and OEM DFMEA's
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in software development for automotive and related industries
- Experience with software development and diagnostics tools (e.g., HIL testers, CANalyzer, INCA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Masters or advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 2 or more years of experience with electrified powertrains and battery management
- 2 or more years of experience with development and testing of battery systems in hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
- Experience with BMS software development and control algorithms
- Lithium ion battery experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/