Auburn Hills, MichiganBattery Management Systems (BMS) Application Leader #895238
This Battery Management Systems (BMS)Application Leader will be the lead for all BMS activities for their program(s) and be the direct link to the Battery DRE.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a Product Development Team for each of the BMS programs to ensure the battery is safe and meets all communication and feature requirements
- Work with EES Team for hardware and software development deliverables to ensure they will meet timing and performance specifications
- Approve all software release timing and content rollout based off program timing
- Lead interface for the BMS supporting the Battery Pack DRE, Chief Engineer and Family Manager.
- Ensure compliance to our standards, battery pack performance and battery legislative needs
- Work cross organization and functionally to verify battery software and hardware meet the system needs and battery pack requirements.
- Define all set Calibration parameters
- Coordinate SOX requirements
- Lead BMS definition for Key Process Indicators of:
- Core functional Objectives
- Parts Ready to Source
- FMEA Status
- Production Release Status
- Tooling Kick-off
- BOM Complete
- Technical Specification
- GIMs Status
- Component Testing Status
- Coordinate Status of COE Assessment
- Input for Diagnostic Robustness
- Coordinate any Virtual Engineering input
- Coordinate Part Inspection Standard
- Prototype Build Parts
- Release to Build Verification
- Provide reports and summaries throughout the program and for key issues to our leadership
- Coordinate supplier and OEM CDR and DFMEA's – or does EES do this? BMS Lead
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 1 years of engineering experience for automotive and related industries
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Masters or advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 2 or more years of experience with electrified powertrains and battery management
- 2 or more years of experience with development and testing of battery systems in hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
- Experience with BMS software development and control algorithms
- Lithium ion battery experience
- 2 of more years of project management experience
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/