Troy, MichiganBusiness Analyst #955769
Skills & Job Responsibilities:
- Works with businesses to identify ways to improve process execution and achieve strategy through the use of technology.
- Evaluates the overall business need and assists with design and implementation to ensure solutions achieve overall business objectives.
- Develops a roadmap for meeting the short- and long-term objectives.
- Acts as a primary member of the project team, overseeing and documenting decisions that occur throughout the project lifecycle.
- Elicits specific requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business process analysis and task and workflow analysis. Writes requirements and translates specifications to technical experts.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Identifies potential technical problems before they occur and helps implement solutions by thoroughly validating all system changes relative to assigned work.
- Works with the business technology team as an advocate of the business unit supported. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true need.
- Documents technical information, project information and develops training material. Collaborates on tasks with project team members with clear deliverables and expected time frames.
- Follows up on progress of tasks.
- Maintains accountabilities for all items.
- Monitors progress of project and works to overcome challenges.
- Influences others to achieve project results. Escalates issues when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Complete all required compliance training.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to our internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree along with 7-10+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst on moderate to complex IT projects.
- Experience collecting and documenting user stories, use cases business requirements and acceptance criteria across multiple process areas and disciplines including business. process, controls, system requirements, data conversion, analytics, and reporting
- Experience refining user stories, use cases and detailed requirements in collaboration with IT developers.
- Experience decomposing as-is and to-be correspondence that will be developed in modernized applications (including mapping to multiple source systems, inputs, outputs, and integration points)
- Experience identifying and documenting all regulatory and/or risk related requirements.
- Ability to estimate and prioritize work, commit, and deliver on deadlines and be vocal when risks arise.
- Self-starter, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills Demonstrated analytical skills and technical acumen: baseline knowledge of how software, systems and application components work together, effective at communicating architectural and software development considerations.
- Ability to think through workflows and the characteristics that make each workflow different.
- Strong communication and partnership skills; able to collaborate through complex problems or challenge assumptions giving and receiving feedback respectfully to Business Product Owners and other development teams.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
- Experience working on project teams, experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is preferred.
- Experience with agile ceremonies such as standups, story estimation, backlog grooming, sprint retrospective is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with employee and external partner resources, both onshore and offshore Demonstrated success working under pressure in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills Good understanding of relational databases, star schemas, data marts and data warehouses Experience writing queries (SQL and PL/SQL) using TOAD or similar tool is preferred
- Good understanding of data modeling Experience using Visio, PowerPoint, Excel to document data models, workflows, user requirements, business logic, calculation rules and data mapping Experience with designing reports, dashboards, scorecards, and wireframes
- Knowledge of tools such as Cognos, Power BI or similar
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/