Troy, MichiganSr. Data Developer #955901
- Experience Level More than 10 years
Skills & Job Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible to create, integrate, implement, and support large, highly complex ETL Data Warehouse.
- Develop and implement tests on all data stage jobs.
- Design and analyze all ETL jobs edition.
- Manage work and apply various performing techniques.
- Document all program level and user level processes.
- Prepare ETL architecture and associate procedures.
- Designs or enhances ETL systems, applications, functions, and procedures to solve complex problems and meet business objectives.
- Prepares detailed ETL functional specification solution development -- has full technical knowledge of all phases of analysis, integration, development, quality assurance, and implementation procedures
- Application/System Troubleshooting interfaces with appropriate corporate area to provide detailed data and analysis to assist with problem determination and resolution.
- Maintain an efficient infrastructure by recognizing and reducing latencies and gaining efficiencies where recognized or needed
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or Technology related field -- or -- an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 years of quality experience in designing and development of ETL jobs using IBM DataStage.
- Experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing projects.
- Proficiency to understand DW concepts like conformed dimensions, conformed facts and Data Warehouse architecture for ETL development.
- Recent experience with ETL in a cloud environment
- Experience working with Cloud Databases (Snowflake preferred)
- Experience working with Relational Databases, Business Intelligence solutions
- Strong SQL skills, able to write and optimize complex queries
- Experience with multiple Database platforms (DB2, Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, MySQL, Netezza, Snowflake - as many as possible) and Oracle Database is a must
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills to work with internal and external customers and vendors Good analytical/research and problem-solving skills.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/