Troy, MichiganSr. QA Analyst (Tester) #955968
Skills & Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identifies test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develops, documents, and maintains functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identifies any potential quality issues per defined process and escalates potential quality issues. Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verifies defect fixes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Completes all required compliance training.
- Maintains knowledge of and adhere to our internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of QA experience including 3 years of automated testing experience preferred, OR 10 years of comparable work experience.
- ETL Datawarehouse testing, and SQL are highly desired.
- 7 years of experience in quality analysis or other analytic role, or 10 years of comparable experience.
- 3 years of experience with software development methodologies (i.e. Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.) and software process improvement methods.
- 3 years of experience in automated testing preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in software quality assurance and system testing tools.
- Ability to translate technical requirements to test plans.
- Proven strength in building, writing, and executing test cases.
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP and REST).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply root cause analysis.
- Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
- Proven ability in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables with a proven ability to prioritize work by dividing attention and effort between current project workload and ongoing support tasks.
- Proficient in IT standards, policies and procedures. Backend database testing in Oracle/Microsoft SQL environment includes validating stored process, jobs and triggers.
- Ability to think through workflows and the characteristics that make each workflow different.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong business process understanding.
- More than 10 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/