Northbrook, IllinoisBIRA-ISS System Specialist #956208
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and managing the data model, including configuration of the system in support of the data model, as well as the configuration of features and functionality (in partnership with IT and managed services team) from implementation through to decommissioning for assigned clinical and/or operational system(s), including system integration processes for assigned system(s).
- This particular position will support the existing Planisware application at Astellas (Planisware Enterprise).
- Additional responsibilities include the operational support for users on challenges they encounter that cannot be addressed by SMEs in the function, as well as responsibility for processes, e.g., data exchange with other applications, scheduling, monitoring, troubleshooting of issues etc.
- The position will also be responsible for the intake and assessment of requests from the user community, capturing business requirements, developing of business design for solutions, overseeing change requests and establishing testing plans, developing test scripts and execution of pre-testing and official testing activities.
- This position will provide this support for the enterprise planning and resource management tool Helix (Planisware).
- The position will work through collaborative partnerships with M&D Strategy & Operations operational strategists, functional stakeholders, IS and the support team of the SaaS solution vendor
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Providing day-to-day operational support to the user community in matters related to
- management of meta-data and configuration, as well as ad hoc reporting requests of the
- Planisware solution.
- Supporting release work for the application (enhancements and fixes of defects; requirements, solution design, testing) as well as support for integrations (optimization), in some cases in partnership with colleagues from IS/IT, system support teams from solution providers (level 2 configuration), in other cases directly responsible for configuration changes (level 1 configuration); this work will be done partnering with business SMEs to ensure the solution meets business requirements, under the guidance of the Director for Information and System Strategy
- Partnering with appropriate IS, quality and business functions to manage documentation and test strategies related to implementation of system enhancements.
- Education BA/BS.
- Previous experience (minimum 1 year) in the development, deployment, and/or maintenance of the Planisware Enterprise solution, including L1/ level 1 configuration experience is required. L2 configuration experience for the Planisware solution is a plus, but not required.
- Experience (minimum 2 years) with business analysis type work, e.g., gathering and documentation of requirements, development of test scripts, execution of test scripts is required.
- Minimum 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry and/or management consulting group focused on R&D or clinical operations, with minimum 2 years in the drug development setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the global drug development process to ensure cross-functional connections and operational data model are appropriately and effectively communicated across the organization.
- Experience in use of enterprise-wide pharmaceutical project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English, with an ability to interact at all levels of personnel.
- Strong and effective strategic thinker and problem solver with high degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to both recognize and anticipate problems.
- Demonstrated ability to translate solutions into viable action plans at a global level that are effectively disseminated and implemented through cooperation of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships and influence without authority as part of a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects efficiently.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/