Toledo, OhioSafety Representative 2 #951333
The energy at our company is contagious. We’re driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company – our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
The main function of a safety representative is to support plant managers in the achievement of specific plant safety goals and objectives. A typical safety representative is responsible for coordinating safety and environmental compliance activities, assisting plant leadership in conducting safety and environmental training, and performing routine plant inspections to reduce injury risks.
- Support, engage, and advise plant on all aspects of safety culture change initiatives: Plant Safety Review Board Process, Safe Operations Practice, Incident Investigations.
- Support and advise plant management on OSHA regulations and record keeping requirements and issues.
- Support and participate in programs and contractual memorandums on Safety/Health.
- Develop and implement programs to reduce job related injuries using Health Information. System (HIS), GMSPO Common File System, and Safety/Environmental Manuals of Practice (MOP).
- Support business plan initiatives.
- Serve as the management representative to local joint health and safety committee.
- Coordinate plant emergency planning activities.
- Support the administration of ergonomic medical symptoms questionnaire.
- Perform monthly safety observation tours.
- Track performance and correction on unsafe conditions.
- Report safety tour results through Plant Safety Review Board.
- Monitor plant safety performance and report/review all incidents.
- Daily review of OSHA Log and visits to medical.
- Review HIS data to note trends and/or areas of concern/injury.
- Assist in the development of GAP closure plans.
- Utilize the principles of design-in-safety to reduce risk and/or injury.
- Oversee the implementation of best practices.
- Audit module continuous improvements plan.
- Ergonomic related issue coordination.
- SIR and tracking log assistance and/or coordination.
- Audit readiness and GAP closure development requirements.
- Ability to supervise skilled trades.
- Understanding of CAC (Capacity Assurance Coordinator) Program Activities and Administrative Functions.
- Knowledge of plant floor and plant supervision processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of industrial processes/safety/environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- High level of analytical ability to determine root cause or complex problems
- Knowledge and/or understanding of safety and/or environmental regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of business safety absolutes.
- Associate degree in safety or related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Supervisor safety training preferred.
- 2-4 years of experience required.
- The primary responsibility of this professional is to interface regularly and directly with the plant launch team on site, the local joint safety team, all the Central Manufacturing Engineering and Vehicles Systems Engineering Engineers onsite installing new and revising existing plant machinery and processes equipment.
- This role will have a direct report line to Site Construction Mgr. and a dotted line report to the Site Safety Supervisor.
- This professional should be very comfortable and capable of developing, prioritizing, and managing their own schedule to ensure that all launch related facilities or process changes are implemented in accordance with our latest specifications.
- Acting as a liaison between the launch team across all shops, plant safety and multiple engineering functional work groups.
- May require working some off shift hours and weekends. Participate in equipment buyoffs at OEM build sites as required.
- Ensure contractors are adhering to General Motors Safety practices while on the premises.
- Execute deliverables in support of the organizations safety objectives while working within the launch project timelines that result in a successful, safe and on time launch.
- Machinery/equipment risk assessments
- Machinery/equipment offsite vendor visits (when required)
- Machinery/equipment buy-off inspections
- Research and provide technical information or direction to engineering support groups
- Periodic monitoring and evaluation of safe work of contractors working on site
- Integrate new process equipment into the plants safety system
- Summarize critical issues and escalate to leadership when required for support
- Flexible work schedule for inspections, especially during non-production down times
- Developed and refined verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve in a cross functional team environment
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Standards
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others in a union environment
- Must have a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have Manufacturing experience
- Degree in EHS discipline
- Certifications in EHS discipline
- Understanding of / experience with our Safety Gate Processes
- Prior experience in commissioning and bringing online new machinery and equipment
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/