Lansing, MichiganBusiness Analyst 5 #952037
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective.
- Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering.
- Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work.
- Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements.
- Develops RFPs.
- Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms.
- Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions.
- Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
This role will have 2 primary responsibilities:
- Creation, execution, and automation of regression test cases.
- Guide/mentor product owner on the creation of test cases for UAT.
Skill Set - Required/Desired – Years required:
- Business process analysis – Required – 5 years.
- Requirements definition on agile project(s) – Required – 4 years.
- Documenting and communicating the results of work – Required – 4 years.
- Regression test automation – Required –
- Regression test results tracking & communication – Required – 4 years.
- Ability to create regression test cases/approaches – Required – 3 years.
- Ability to execute regression testing – Required – 4 years.
- Serving as a liaison between end users and project team – Required – 5 years.
- Create test cases for user acceptance testing – Required – 4 years.
- Participate in user acceptance testing - – Required – 4 years.
- Ability to guide UAT test case creation and development – Desired– 4 years.
- Business analyst on agile project(s) – Required – 5 years.
- Regression test automation – Required – 2 years
- Regression testing preparation and execution – Required – 4 years.
- UAT preparation and execution – Required – 4 years.
- Azure DevOps – Desired – 2 years
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/