Auburn Hills, MichiganProduct Development Engineer – Transmission Remanufacturing and Service – Senior #956874
- The Product Development Engineer – Transmission Remanufacturing and Service; manages the ideation and innovation phases of Remanufacturing (Circular Economy) revenue opportunities and brings these opportunities to fruition.
- Opportunities are the 4 R’s - remanufacturing, recycling, re-use and repair.
- Once feasibility is determined, the engineer also manages the development and release of these programs, with a focus on remanufacturing opportunities.
- The selected candidate will track development and releases through the multiple departments to ensure parts are placed on shelf or sourcing of a particular program to a 3rd party supplier within agreed upon time schedules.
- This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal skills able to work in a dynamic cross-functional team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Understand engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to release remanufactured parts without affecting original design intent.
- Develop project objectives and plans by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements, and project scheduling.
- Determine product specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Identify and implement (internally or at supplier) new and emerging technologies, equipment, and competencies required to support the portfolio growth.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years for Transmission assemblies in either a Powertrain plant manufacturing setting or Transmission assembly product development.
- 5 years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects and ensure resources are allocated appropriately to meet timing.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred but not required).
- Knowledgeable in Teamcenter & NX.
- Travel required to supplier sites or manufacturing facilities.
Additional Information / Must Have's:
- *Transmission focused role*
- 5+ years for Transmission assemblies in either a Powertrain plant manufacturing setting or Transmission assembly product development
- Experience in the management or support of field returns of defective parts and analyzing and determining root cause of the failure modes for above commodities.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects with deadlines.
- Onsite/ Remote Hybrid
- Driving a company vehicle is a requirement. - Clean driver’s license.
- Amount of travel, of so where:
- 20-40%. North America (may be Mexico or Canada) but 99% USA.
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/