Newark, New JerseySecurity Auditor #898431
- The main function of a systems administrator is to install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet system or a segment of a network system.
- A typical systems administrator is responsible for monitoring network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Direct staff to perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Direct staff to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Review and approve the planning and implementation of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Review and approve the configuration of email applications or virus protection software.
- Review and approve the design, configuration and testing of computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and counsel organization on where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Expert mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback. Expert ability to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements.
- Expert knowledge of computer hardware and software as it related to LAN/WAN.
- Associate's degree in computer related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience required.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/