Auburn Hills, MichiganPowertrain HIL Application Engineer #957283
The Powertrain HIL Hardware Engineer's job is to perform the engineering tasks required to specify the hardware functions, work with suppliers to commission new systems or upgrade existing systems to new requirements, troubleshoot system problems, and work within the systems to ensure that all systems are in good working condition. They work as part of a team of HIL Hardware Engineers with assignments that rotate as requirements for new features dictate. The team supports innovative hardware designs to meet ever growing validation needs for our powertrains, including gas engines and electrified powertrains.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate wiring lists for harnesses
- Prototype new electronic interfaces
- Select, configure or design signal conditioning circuits
- Test and troubleshoot equipment
- Support end users
- Execute circuit/wiring upgrades within HIL systems
- Roll out design changes to existing wire harnesses
- Repair broken equipment (PCB boards, simulator wiring, harness wiring/connectors, etc)
- Contribute to innovative solutions
- 100% onsite at CTC
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of HIL work experience
- ECM/TCM/EVCU/MCU/BPCM/IDCM controller features/circuits
- Understanding of automotive electronics, preferably powertrain systems
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters and electronic bench tools
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken engineering technical English language
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
- Vehicle communication protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Vehicle subsystem and component behavior
- Signal conditioning
- Programming languages (C, FPGA, Visual Basic.....)
- Proficiency with electrician tools (wire stripper, crimper, soldering iron, etc)
Additional Info: At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/