Lansing, MichiganProgrammer 6 #957382
- Converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
- Prepares, or receives detailed specifications to describe sequence of steps that program must follow and input, output, and logical operations involved.
- Analyzes specifications, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Confers with supervisor and representatives of departments concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Converts detailed specifications to language processable by computer.
- Enters program codes into computer system.
- Inputs test data into computer.
- Observes computer monitor screen to interpret program operating codes.
- Corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps.
- May prepare computer block diagrams and machine logic flowcharts for detailed coding of problems and provides for the documentation of programming work.
- Writes instructions to guide operating personnel during production runs.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- May assist computer operator to resolve problems in running computer program. May work with System Analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test, and modify computer programs.
- Work involves writing programs to solve problems, documenting the methods and procedures used in program development, and testing and correcting programs.
- Work involves analyzing system outlines to develop programs for computer applications; writing solution programs; May train others.
- Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Analyzes proposed computer applications in terms of equipment requirements and capabilities. Assists in developing solutions to software-related problems.
- May assist in the generation or installation of systems software.
- Prepares test data. May assist in writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications.
- Experience in computer programming work. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis, of computer operations procedures and systems, and of computer programming languages.
- Skill in the use of computer equipment.
- Ability to design programs and systems architecture; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug computer programs; to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing; and to communicate effectively.
- Includes descriptions detailed earlier as well as programmer analyst experience in specialized IT technologies which may not be widely used or are new to the
integration within the organization’s architecture.
Please note the following MANDATORY qualification requirements:
- Web Development in ASP, .Net, C#
- Web Development using Agile Method
Skill Set - # of Years
Web development in ASP .Net and C# - 5
Web development and a SQL Server backend database - 5
Object oriented programming - 5
Experience with development using the Agile method - 5
Experience developing in Microsoft's MVC 5.0 framework, including razor - 5
Experience with SQL Server reporting services -5
Experience working with Entity framework ORM - 5
Experience with unit testing - 5
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/