IllinoisCO2 Service Tech-2 #957556
- Perform a variety of field service work to include, machine operations, maintenance training, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, machine repair, modifications, programming, preventative maintenance, and TAC support under limited supervision.
- Complexity of problems and education/experience & other knowledge required
- Associates degree in Laser/Electro/Optics or equivalent is required.
- Two or more years related experience, including troubleshooting.
- Functional PC and appropriate software skills required.
- Ability to use hand tools, meters, gauges, schematics, and jigs to adjust and maintain proper machine calibration and performance.
- Ability to travel extensively 95%, primarily, United States, with possibility of Mexico, Canada, and Japan always on short notice
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong attention to details, meeting deadlines and commitments required.
- Strong diagnostics and technical aptitude, including knowledge of AC & DC electrical, mechanical, and optical systems.
- Commitment to company Core Values
- key communications contacts and level of persuasion required
- Strong/written oral communication skills are required.
- Carries out technical assignments to install, modify, and repair factory automation equipment at customer sites, with 100% travel weekly
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any issues that arise.
- Operates and programs machines, understanding all technical aspects and machine parameter functions.
- Prepares standard equipment documentation and reports to include service reports, Expense reports, and others as directed.
- Provides customers with timely and accurate technical information in a positive and straightforward manner.
- Provides equipment operation and maintenance training to customers employees and fellow field service technicians.
- Prepare and submit documentation for efficient invoicing.
- Maintain company property for safe operation and maximum life.
- Efficiently manage business expenses to maximize profitability.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and assist in the establishment of the preventative maintenance schedules with customers and service coordinator.
- Have or obtain a passport.
- Have or obtain and maintain a clean driver’s license.
- Travel includes North America with air travel.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/