Newark, New JerseyLogistics Analyst #957600
- Track & trace and operational process management for import/export processing.
- Assist immediate manager and team in daily import/export operations.
- Support end-to-end processing and tracking to ensure proper booking to final delivery.
- Facilitate communication and visibility alignment on operations amongst all related parties.
- Work with the BU’s and track and trace team
- Determine root cause of issues
- Work to create corrective action plans
- Work to avoid delays at the port
- Take corrective action with carriers when problems occur
- Develop process to control the rate management from GFN to installation of rates in Freight payment
- Receive and process all necessary rate requests
- Validate rates in the systems
- Work with GFN to ensure correct rates are supplied
- Work with BU’s to estimate correct space allocation
- Review all disputes with carriers to allow freight payment to process timely
- Develop and maintain tracking process and procedure for improvement by establishing the Policies and Procedures of the
- Select Program with GFN
- Issues with the ports with the carriers to get shipments moved.
- Month end related issues for BU’s
- Clearances with the end of the month for BU’s
- Assist with quotes for exports – make sure they have everything they have for processing.
- Assists with select program and suppliers
- Support end-to-end process development and management for import/export operational improvements.
- Establish correct report structures
- Assist in providing accurate and time tracking
- Establish programs to alert BU’s of delay/issues
- Monitor monthly carrier Usage
- Clean up SCAC Codes reporting
- All related KPI development, monitoring, & enforcement
- Budget, employees direct and indirect and other resources managed. Attach organization chart both current and proposed if applicable.
- Reports to Group Manager, Import Customs
- Individual contributor, no direct reports
Education & Experience:
- Degree required/preferred
- College degree required with preference for business and logistics related fields.
- 2 years of experience in logistics and/or supply chain environment preferred.
- Key desired behaviors; e.g., problem solving, innovation, collaboration, etc.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Effective communication across both verbal and written formats
- Must be able to analyze & breakdown data/information to identify root cause and develop appropriate countermeasures
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Reports to immediate manager for direction and input
- Communicates with other import/export team members to coordinate/facilitate processing as needed
- Communicates with business units contacts and IT team to help uncover and address pending items
- Coordinate with external parties such as track & trace team and origin logistics group for support as needed
- g., working conditions, physical requirements, travel, etc.
- Approximately 30% travel may be required. (domestic/international)
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/