Auburn Hills, MichiganPower Electronics Hardware Validation Engineer #900536
The Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop efficient and cost-effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools. He/she will
- Develop power electronic devices DVP & R test flows, define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all Reliability and Confident functional objectives, and assure compliance to program goals and participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis, and supplier test setup definition. The engineer will
- Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufactural without defect. Tested finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- The Engineer will work closely with the DRE to monitor supplier DVP status.
- Define and carry out all required supplier bench development / validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals globally for Power Electronics on current and future programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in electronics and circuit design, component DVP & R and/or product development
- Thorough understanding of power electronics, component reliability and confidence
- DVP&R and execution experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Electrical Engineering standards/protocols
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in component DVP & R and execution
- Power electronics / electrical models, simulation experience, and FEA
- Power electronics discreet component specifications
- Design, release, and product development experience
- Supplier program management experience
- Critical skills include organizational, communication, leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytic abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical, mathematical and engineering concepts
Additional Information / Must Have's:
- Overall component DVP & R, test setups and execution experience
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of component reliability, statistical, mathematical and engineering concepts.
- Thorough understanding of power electronics, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Component product development experience
- Critical skill sets include organization, communication, and leadership
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/