Irvine, CaliforniaMTS Tester 1 #957800
- Assist in the development, testing, release, and integration efforts of software and hardware associated activities.
- Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
- Integration test of LRU and system functionality.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented and submitted.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
- Software and system testing of all In-flight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
- Participate in the design and development of all IFE system functionality.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software phase releases.
- Assist and support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Assist in developing test plans and procedures to validate system requirements. Troubleshoot problems reported for all our products.
- Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment and systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting and analyzing root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- A technical background in development and test.
- Familiar with Unix and Linux OS. Basic understanding of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is preferred.
- Ability to plan engineering activities to perform tasks.
- Learn to use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Generally, applies existing practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data.
- Possess solid writing and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 0-3 years’ experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry experience is preferred.
- Occasional OT
- Possible weekend support
- No travelling required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is a financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused, operating in nearly half of the states in the U.S., Europe and India.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/