Dearborn, MichiganSoftware Engineer Senior #957846
- The Technology & Software organization creates digital software products for dealers and customers to support strategic goal to be the reason customers choose and stay with the company.
- Senior Software Engineer for Insure will contribute to the development of new digital products for Commercial customers.
- Insure will expand the one-stop shop of products and services offered by company to commercial customers.
- Our Company customers have come to expect a complete set of products and services that ensure their fleets are the most efficient and productive business tools they can be. Senior Software Engineer for Insure will
- Apply technology towards successful project implementation and ongoing support.
- Apply software skills to provide feedback on existing products and contribute to the design of new product features.
- Contribute towards development of intuitive and highly scalable services and applications.
- Work closely with other stakeholders & teams across the company
- This position reports to Engineering Manager of Insure.
- Key TSP Organization Facts
- Over 1,000 global team members
- Spread across 8 locations: USA, Argentina, Brazil, United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, India, and China
- Develops software and services in support of design, infrastructure, and technology platforms, including applications, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools.
- Provides feedback on existing product and contribute to the design of new product features.
- Builds entire features across all layers (database, services, and UI/UX).
- Supports responsive web and mobile applications that work across different screen sizes.
- Tests software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Provides ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Depending on size and complexity of project, may also be assigned to perform duties of project.
QUALIFICATIONS Functional & Technical Skills:
- Knowledge in front end and backend software technologies
- Experience working on cloud and digital platforms
- Experience with Lean and Agile methodologies & eXtreme Programming
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, designers, and product owners
- Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience
- Ability to work collaboratively and navigate complex decision making in a rapidly changing environment
Required Work Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in application design and development experience in a cloud environment
- Experience with one plus more Origami modules: Policy, Claims, and Billing, is needed.
- Understanding and experience with Origami/DuckCreek/Guideware SaaS software is required.
- 4+ years of experience in coding REST/GraphQL services and APIs
- 2+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform’s APIGEE platform and API development experience through the entire Software Development Lifecycle Process
- Knowledge of Agile development, DevSecOps practices, APIs and microservices
- GraphQL experience preferred
- Knowledge & Experience building scalable, resilient, and fault tolerant applications in public/private cloud infrastructures
- Understanding of test automation leveraging testing tools such as Cypress, Newman Postman, Selenium, etc
- Understanding of CI/CD tools like Tekton, Argo CD and configuration tools like Chef, puppet and Ansible.
- Understanding of creating enterprise scale monitoring and operational architecture using tools like Splunk, Nagios, Cloud Watch.
- Experience with SCM tools like GitHub and build management tools like MAVEN and ANT
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Security; Cloud platforms, Automation (Ideally GCP)
- Strong communication skills, intelligence, and drive; must be able to work in a self-driven manner within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to quickly learn, apply new technologies
- Past experience integrating the packaged solution with third parties like Origami/DuckCreek/Guideware required.
- P&C Insurance industry experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years!
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022!
To view all of our open positions go to: https://www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/